Sarnia-Lambton Branch News
Welcome to RWTO Sarnia Lambton Branch. We invite any retired woman teacher to come and join us at any time.
Sarnia-Lambton hosted the RWTO Convention in 2007. We used an image of the Bluewater Bridges to represent a well-known landmark for this area.
For more information, please consult our newsletter and yearly calendar or contact:
Mary Anne Barstead 519-383-2724 email@example.com
Johnna Johansen 519-862-3157 firstname.lastname@example.org
2018-2019 Calendar includes FIVE meetings- Last Thursday of September, November, January, April,May
|Past President||Johnna Johansen|
|President||Mary Anne Barstead|
|Vice-President||OPEN for a Volunteer to join our team|
|Card Secretary||Linda Roy|
|Food Banks||Donna Jones|
GENERAL MEETING on SEPTEMBER 20, 2018
- Beautiful Fall Center-pieces created by our Hospitality Committee
- Registration of members as they entered the hall
- Caring and Sharing Recipients of $500 each
– Reps. from The Hub in Sarnia, Lambton Youth Drama, Pathways Pool
Project, Kelly”s Cupboard at LCCVI and our Treasurer, Catherine Phillips
- Our Two Cora Bailey Award Recipients:
Sandra Smith and Pat LaPlante
- President Johnna welcoming members and guests
- Book Sale – funds contribute to Donations to Food Banks
- Membership Convener processing 2018 Renewals
- Tables for the Meal with Door Prizes as decorations
- Guest Speaker Wes Harding, Marathoner and Author, with his Grade One Teacher June Maginn
- Wes Harding’s Book “Destined to Run”
November Meeting 2017
Our Second Meeting of the year found us having a Christmas feast on Nov. 30. Best attendance of the year!!
It was our pleasure to host both Provincial President and Area Director. Other features of the day included a huge donation of PJ’s, socks, etc. to the Women’s Interval Hone, as well as cash donations to local food banks.
Cookie plates are sold, as donated sweets tempted us, and we held a raffle of amazing baskets and gifts plus a table for crafts and baking. We usually have something for everyone.
This is our major fund raiser for the year, and an early estimate placed the proceeds at about $1100 … all for Caring and Sharing.
A former president and convention co-chair announced she will be moving to BC in the new year … apparently her new grandson, Henry, has enticed her to relocate … hence the O Henry bars in one of the photos … she has been secretary for a number of years and will be missed. Best of luck, Judy
September Luncheon 2017
- Photos include Johnna Johansen, president, welcoming members
- Group photo of Caring and Sharing recipients
- Dianne Rice presenting Cora Bailey pins
- New Cora Bailey recipients Doreen Klapak, Pat Morreau and Lillian Skerratt
- Two group photos of previous Cora Bailey Award Recipients
Theme for 2018-19 Meetings: “Retirement Time”
September 20, 2018 – “Time for Sharing”
Place: Corunna Legion
Time : 11:00 – Registration
11:30 – Meeting followed by lunch
Program: Caring and Sharing Awards, Cora Bailey Presentations
Other: Donations at the door for Food Banks, Sign-ups for Christmas Bazaar, Used Book Sales
November 29, 2018 – “Time for Christmas Bazaar”-at Pt. Edward Community Centre
January 31, 2019 – “Time for Africa- at Pt. Edward Community Centre
April 25, 2019 – “Time for Cancer Awareness”-at Camlachie United Church
May 30, 2019 – “Time for Summer”-at Wyoming Fair Buildings
Thank you for submitting your membership fees for 2018-2019
New Members: Please contact our Membership Convenor:
Susan Morphew – email@example.com
Click on the link below to access the Newsletter
Members are encouraged to bring retired teacher friends as guests to a meeting. If the guest becomes a member, her meal at the next meeting she attends will be paid for. Other incentives to encourage bringing a guest include Tim’s cards and a draw at the last meeting of the year.
At our September Meeting, we will honour 2 dedicated members of our branch with the Cora Bailey Award. Names and photos of those honoured will be available after that meeting.