Upper Canada East Branch News
Upper Canada East Branch
“CARING And SHARING”
Invites You To Become A Member
Consider RWTO for:
Caring, Sharing and Having Fun
Supporting Community Activities
A Unique Insurance Plan
Friendship and Fellowship
And much more…
(with 52 Branches throughout Ontario)
Come and join the fun at our four meetings per year!
For more information, please contact Diana McKendry email@example.com
RWTO Upper Canada East continues to Thrive!
Our group is enthusiastic and generous in giving time, talent and monetary gifts to the needs of the community.
Joyce Millard presenting the birthday gals with their carnations.
Left to Right:
- Joyce Millard, Joan Casselman-Rutley, Pat Stewart, Sandra
Shouldice, Linda Mahoney, Beth Conlin, Bonnie Adair, Barb Mackey, Bev.
Comfort, Norma Bowers, Shirley Alguire, Alice Laushway and Betty Lou
Bottom Row Left to Right:
- MaryEllen Garlough, our Humour Lady bringing laughter to our members.
- Alice Laushway,Joyce Derraugh and Marian Henderson viewing the
Quarter Frenzy items donated for today’s event
- Our Treasurer-Colleen Howard and our Membership Convenor-MaryEllen
Garlough greeting Sandra Shouldice
- Karen Koivumaki showing the crisis gowns she made
- Anne Wilde giving the Insurance presentation with video.
- Betty Lou Casselman auctioning off the Quarter Frenzy items
donated by the members for today’s event.
- Sandie Decker thanking Anne for coming to present the new
insurance information about the Open Window.
- Barb Mackey and Pat Stewart filling out tickets for the Gift sharing
items: three table runners.
- Thanking the Team who prepared the wonderful meal we all enjoyed
- The Winners of the Quarter Frenzy items. L to R. Bev Comfort,
Freida Coleman, Marion Carkner, Lois Lannin, Rosemary Rutley, Marian
Henderson (in back), Bonnie Adair,Pat Elliott, Marion DeGray,
Karen Koivumaki,(in back), Joyce Millard, Shirley Alguire (in back)
Pat Stewart, Joyce Derraugh, Susan Thain,(in back) Bonnie Brown ( in front),
Sheena Iacurci (in back), Barb Mackey, Heather Macpherson (in back) and Brenda
- Lois Lannin holding multiple Quarter Frenzy gifts she was lucky to receive.
- The abundance of gifts given at today’s meeting; school supplies
to be divided among the food banks, House of Lazarus and Naomi Family
June Meeting 2019
- UCE’s Memorial service remembering those who have passed on from our branch.
- Sandie Decker showing the Feather’n Your Hat award won by our branch at the June 2019 Convention.
- Joyce Millard presenting the birthday gals with a carnation
- Diana McKendry accepting some lovely gifts in appreciation
- Sandie Decker receiving a thank you card from the branch
- Sandie Decker reporting on the Convention workshop she attended on “Laughing”.
- Mary Ellen Garlough, our new Humour lady helping us release some endorphins.
- UCE members including one of our over 90’s, Isabel Hume.
- Gift Sharing winners: Candy Alexander, Marion Carkner,Susan Wells, Gay Benson-Lapp, Brenda Millard, Bonnie Brown,Sheena Iacurci, MaryEllen Garlough, Lorna Holmes and Diana McKendry
- Jean Mills introducing the Entertainment ” The FourTune Seekers”
- Ladies holding the flowers that adorned the tables in the hall, all from the gardens of the hosting area, Prescott/Maynard/Brockville,Lorna Holmes, Sheena Iacurci, Bonnie Gaylord, Beth Conlin, Candy Alexander,Jean Mills Susan Wells, Sandie Decker, Lee McIntosh
- The FourTune Seekers who came to entertain our branch
- Ladies gathering up the generous donations of food to be taken to the local food banks: Lynda Leader, Brenda Millard and Colleen Howard
May 15th 2019 Luncheon
A great time was had by all who attended. We had lovely decorations, food, entertainment and laughter as Marion DeGray and her guests took us on a splendid voyage to Hawaii through song and dance.
April Meeting 2019
Members and Guests enjoying the lunch.
- Winners of Essential Oils samples: Susan Williams, Brenda Millard, MaryEllen Garlough, Sharion McKay and Presenter- Roxanne Harris
- Bev. Comfort thanking Roxanne for her presentation
November 2018 Christmas Meeting In Spencerville
- Our guest, Judy Drummond from the Lanark branch. She brought greetings from her branch and as Co-convenor of the 2020 Convention, will be returning to update us on our participation in that Convention.
- Joyce Millard presented our ladies with a carnation in celebration of their birthdays.
- Lynda Leader presented our Humour Lady with a retirement gift. Thanks Sharon Richardson for your dedication to making us laugh over the past seven years. Enjoy your second retirement.
- Our guest entertainer, Sharron Baird, bringing us into the Christmas season with lovely music on the harp.
- Colleen Howard participating on a kazoo, with all the UCE members and guests during the musical entertainment at our Christmas meeting in Spencerville.
- All the ladies participating on the kazoos during the musical entertainment
- Pat Stewart thanking Sharron Baird for her wonderful entertainment.
- Gift Sharing Winners.
- Winners of our Special gift Sharing items
Our September Meeting was held in Winchester with 47 guests attending.
- Birthday Celebrations
- The Crisis Gown kits created to begin our new outreach initiative.
- Our Humour Lady, Sharon Richardson bringing laughter to our group
- The Quarter Frenzy items donated for today’s auction
- Tina Serviss and Lois Lannin choosing new books at our book exchange table
- School Supplies for Naomi F.R.C. and House of Lazarus and toiletries, journals and children’s books for Naomi F.R.C. All donated by our generous members
- Candy Alexander, featured in an article in the Backpack magazine
- Quarter Frenzy fun and laughter!
- Our Auctioneer, Betty Lou Casselman auctioning off the wonderful donations from our members
- The Winners of the Quarter Frenzy event
June Meeting held in Prescott at the Legion
- The Memorial Service organized by Betty Lou Casselman
- The birthday celebrations
- Our humour lady, Sharon Richardson making us laugh
- Guest Speakers- Susan and Dave Williams introducing us to Geo-Caching
- The Gift Sharing Winners
Spring Gathering on May 16th at the Iroquois Golf Course.
We had a beautiful day with wonderful ladies, good food and delightful entertainment.
- Guest Singer Jessica Lavallee Sylvester who entertained us for the gathering
- Lynda Leader, introducing Jessica.
- Colleen Howard thanking the guest entertainer.
- The group outside standing with the St. Lawrence behind them.
- The six winners of our door prizes
April Meeting 2018
- An Executive meeting to prepare for this meeting.
- Provincial President Lois Lockhart bringing greetings to our branch.
- Lois presented Joyce Derraugh with her Follow Your Dream photo and write-up.
- Area 8 Director, Teresa Dorey bringing greetings to our ladies.
- Our birthday Lady, Joyce Millard handing out carnations to all the ladies who have had a birthday since January.
- Sharon Richardson, our Humour Lady bringing us joy and laughter during our meeting.
- Our guests, Lois and Teresa beginning to endulge in the delicious buffet luncheon provided by the Iroquois United Church women and men.
- Guests at our Spring Luncheon- Beryl Jacka- Vice President of the Napanee branch, Teresa Dorey- Area 8 Director, Lois Lockhart- Provincial President.Members at this table- Lynn Gilmour, Norma Bowers and Sheila Grant.
- Brenda Millard introducing our Entertainer for today, Isabel Delage; a local singer and songwriter.
- Everyone enjoying Isabel’s music.
- Joyce Millard thanking Isabel Delage for her wonderful entertainment.
- Winners of the delightful Caring and Sharing gifts donated or created by the Iroquois/Cardinal group.
- Many ladies wore green or a jersey to our meeting today so the Humboldt community see that we are sending our thoughts and prayers to all affected by this tragedy.
- Group photo of guests;(L) Beryl Jacka (Vice President of Napanee branch), Teresa Dorey (Area 8 Director), Diana McKendry President of Upper Canada East), and Lois Lockhart (RWTO Provincial President)
- Brenda Millard taking the generous food donations to the local food bank.
- Joyce Millard and Candy Alexander loading the car with the very generous food donations from our branch, given today.
Meeting November 15,2017
- A Christmas Gathering to get us in the Christmas Spirit
- Celebration of birthdays since our last meeting in Sept.
- Diana McKendry(President) showing Marie Stephenson’s lovely book that she created to store our Cora Bailey Recipients’ pictures and write-ups in.
- Our Guest speaker, Elisabeth Rubili from Femme International with Joyce Derraugh who introduced her.
- Christmas Entertainment was the Thousand Island Chorus who certainly brought us into the Christmas season with song!
- The girls in the Thousand Island Chorus having the group participate in a Christmas song.
- Our Humour Lady, Sharon Richardson bringing us joy and laughter
- The winners of the Caring and Sharing gifts provided by the Spencerville/Kemptville/South Mountain group
Meeting September 2017
- Birthday Celebrations
- Social Time
- School Supplies
- Children’s Storybook Author, Lynda Leader
- Editor- Bonnie Gaylord
- Humour Lady, Sharon Richardson
- Quarter Frenzy
Meeting September 2017
Social Time before the meeting
Left-Right: Barb Mackey, Marsha Moulton, Annette Angus, and Rosemary Rutley
Left-Right-Marg Reynolds and Marion DeGray
School Supplies brought in my members to be distributed to House of Lazarus, the Food Community Sharing and Naomi Family Resource Centre
UCE’s Children’s Storybook Author, Lynda Leader; holding up her latest book
“The Empty Bird House”
UCE’s Editor- Bonnie Gaylord; holding her latest book ” Stones of Augusta” Her family homestead was chosen to adorn the cover of this book written by the late Sandra H. Robertson.
UCE’s Humour Lady, Sharon Richardson, telling her usual funny stories.
Summer Birthday Gals receiving a carnation.
These are the ladies who planned and worked hard
to make this 150th Celebration a very successful event!
Front Row L-R; Brenda Millard, MaryEllen Garlough, Diana McKendry, Wanda Sloan
Back Row L-R; Marion Degray, Betty Lou Casselman, Bonnie Adair, Karen Koivumaki, Lynda Leader, Colleen Howard, and Susan Williams
Winners of the Gift Sharing; a Flower arrangement donated by Cardinal Flowers of Morrisburg. Playhouse tickets donated from Upper Canada Playhouse in Morrisburg and four 150th Canada pins donated by the Chamber of Commerce also in Morrisburg.
Front Row L-R; Patsy Gillis-Playhouse tickets, Shirley Hodgins-pin, Sandra Shouldice-flower arrangement
Back Row- L-R; Lois Lannin-pin, BettyLou Casselman-pin, Linda Larkin-pin
UCE Program 2019-2020
- 2018-2019 Program
- UCE Minutes November 2018
- Agenda: September 2018
- UCE Minutes September 2018
- UCE Minutes June 2018
- UCE Minutes April 18,2018
- Agenda: November 15,2017
- UCE Minutes November 2017
- Agenda: June 21,2017
- UCE Minutes – April 2017
- 2016-2017 Program