St. Catharines Branch News
Welcome to the St Catharines Branch of RWTO!
We are a branch of about 400 members and we feel we have much to offer to the retired women teachers of St Catharines. We run five luncheons every year, each with an engaging program and lots of opportunity to chat with old friends. Our members participate in a variety of interest groups that include physical activity, card-playing, dining, reading, travelling, and computer use. For more information about luncheons and interest groups, please see the links below.
Caring and sharing are an important part of our Branch. Our Goodwill Convenors send cards to members who are ill or have experienced bereavement. They also send cards regularly to our over-80 and over-90 members, and arrange flowers and visits to the over-90’s. In terms of community outreach, St Catharines Branch participates in four primary activities each year, including the Arthritis Society Christmas Wrapping Campaign, the Christmas drive for Community Care, the Rankin Cancer Run in May, and an on-going Volunteer Link that informs members regarding volunteer opportunities in the community.
Come join in the fun at St Catharines Branch! Our yearly membership fee is $45; fully paid members of other branches may join us in St Catharines as social members for a fee of $15.
If you would like to join us or wish for more information, please contact:
May 1 – October 31
November 1 – April 30
- St.Catharines Executive 2017-2018
- Schedule of Meetings & Luncheons 2017 -2018
- Interest Groups 2017 – 2018
- Information for New Members 2017 -2018
- Annual Report 2016-2017
|Past President||Kathleen Bradley|
|1st Vice President||Patti Malkiewich|
|2nd Vice President||Jan Harlos|
|Convention 2019||Marilyn Emmett|
|Interest Groups||Nadine Martin|
|Issues & Concerns||Marg Newby|
September Luncheon 2017
Our year got off to a great start with our September luncheon. It was wonderful to look out at 165 smiling faces! It is always good to meet and greet our friends and make new ones. We recognized our Branch Past Presidents, welcomed our new members with a yellow rose and congratulated Nancy Iannizzi for receiving the Provincial Honorary Membership Award at last June’s Convention. It was also wonderful to acknowledge our “Forever Young, Over Ninety” members and to have two of them at the luncheon. The Ukrainian food, as always, was delicious.This year in the Revolving Book Club, there is a novel entitled, Package from the Past. This novel was written by Jacqueline Opresnik, who is a member of our St. Catharines Branch. It is a fast -paced mystery that is set in Port Dalhousie and St. Catharines. The plot has a lot of twists and turns and I am really enjoying it. Well done, Jacqueline!
April and May Luncheons 2017
- We celebrated Canada’s 150th Birthday with a special presentation of “If Teapots Could Talk”. Pauline Grondin, actress/storyteller
- We learned to play teapots. The “Tea-Baggers” debuted with their renditions of, “I’m a Little Teapot” and “Happy Birthday” to Canada.
- Outgoing President, Kathleen Bradley, received her Branch Past Presidents pin.
- Juliet Dunn – A multi-talented singer and actress who is currently Executive Director for the Niagara Jazz Festival.
- 50-50 Draw Ladies
- A Visit from our Provincial President, Peggy Stock.
- Teapot Flower Arrangements
- Friends Chatting